During my tea break with Eliot Parker, we talk about his newest mystery novel, “A Final Call,” and about:
- why he writes mystery novels
- why he writes short stories
- the challenges, differences and similarities of the two forms
- his Cleveland setting for this novel
- how he juggles writing with being a professor
- and other tips for writers
In addition to “A Final Call,” Eliot Parker is the author of five novels: Breakdown at Clear River, Making Arrangements, Fragile Brilliance, Code for Murder, and A Knife’s Edge. He currently teaches English at the University of Mississippi (Ole Miss), and hosts the podcast program “Now, Appalachia” across the Authors on the Air Global Radio Network and BlogTalk Radio, which profiles authors, and publishers who live and write about Appalachia.
Learn more about Eliot at www.eliotparker.com
Don’t miss an episode of Tea with Jess! Subscribe via your favorite podcast App.