Welcome to the official website for author Jess Montgomery, who writes gripping historical mysteries featuring strong female leads and compelling themes just as relevant today.
—Library Journal (Starred Review)
—New York Journal of Books
—Hallie Ephron, New York Times bestselling author of You’ll Never Know, Dear
—Jessica Strawser, author of Not That I Could Tell
Jess writes the Kinship series set in 1920s’ Appalachian Ohio. She has won awards for her writing from the Montgomery County Arts & Cultural District (Ohio) and the Ohio Arts Council. Jess also directs a writers’ workshop, teaches creative writing, and speaks frequently at writers’ workshops and conferences. To get to know Jess a bit better, read her letter to readers or her official bio.
A few Jess facts:
- Enjoys hiking; has absolutely no sense of direction.
- Finds bats adorable; is terrified of mice.
- Loves tacos; allergic to avocados and thus guacamole.
- Is not in the least afraid of public speaking; terrified of (besides mice) rip tides, swinging bridges, and open-air heights in general.
- Favorite beverages: coffee, sweet tea, and occasionally whiskey on the rocks or an Old Fashioned
- Once flew a plane without any formal training.
- Makes pies for family and friends.
Events, Blog and…
Photo: Jess’s office
The Hollows (Book #2) was named one of Chicago Sun-Times “Books Not To Miss.”
Sign up to receive occasional newsletters from Jess with all the latest news. Note: this is a private list—your email address will not be shared, and you can always easily unsubscribe at any point.
Everyone who signs up gets bonus material from The Widows!